The Children's Bureau 2024 Race Equity Challenge is an opportunity for child welfare professionals to journey with others in an experience to examine one’s own biases, identify how these biases show up in child welfare, and create counteractions that are rooted in equity. Participation in the challenge includes:
- Kick-off event on February 26th
- Completion of 20-minute interactive learning modules:
- The Road to Equity—open February 26th to March 1st
- Building on Protective Factors: Family Networks—open March 4th to March 22nd
- Understanding Disproportionality in Child Welfare—open March 25th to April 12th
- Culture in Child Welfare—open April 15th to May 3rd
- Shared Trauma, Collective Resilience, and Healing—open May 6th to May 24th
- Closing event in June
Each module will be open as noted above and can be completed at your convenience. You can register either as an individual or as part of a team. An exploration guide is available to support group participation. You will also have a personal journal to capture your reflections, responses, and action steps. Information on accessing these and other resources will be sent to participants prior to the Challenge kick-off event on February 26th.
Registration for the challenge is limited, so sign up now! If you have questions, please reach out to CBLCC@kauffmaninc.com.